Are we friends yet?
Get a dose of stylish living straight to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing!
Hello friends! I hope you had a wonderful, restful weekend. We were productive with some projects around the home, but also took in a date night at 131…
Sharing some of my favorite stylish finds, must have beauty items, and pieces that are currently on my wish list! Scroll through to explore more and check out my top picks!More Favorites
- Weekend Recap + What’s on the Horizon
- Fall Skirt Favorites
- Must Have Denim
- A New Take On the Boyfriend Style Shirt
- How To Create A Casual Chic Look
Winter weather can certainly make you feel a little less than bubbly at times. It’s important to keep these tips and favorites in mind to make the most out of the season. I personally struggle during this time of year so I know how important it is to equip myself to stay positive and focused!
Keep moving – It’s so easy to turn into a couch potato when it’s cold outside. Trust me, I am no admirer of bitter cold weather. I would much rather stay wrapped up inside by the fire, which that’s important too. But, it’s so important to push yourself. Your body needs movement. Find what you love and go do it. The more blood you keep pumping the better it is not only for your heart but your immune system. And after all, summer bodies are truly made in the winter!
Call your mom – Or dad, brother, or significant other you get the picture. Your mood is naturally boosted when you have a comforting conversation with someone you love. Share a funny story or reminisce about a past one. You will end up smiling which naturally helps when you may be feeling blue! I make a point to talk to someone in my family everyday!
Eat your greens – Y’all I am here to confess that my diet has been well, in the absolute gutter. And, guess what, I have felt like crap. It’s so true you are what you eat. But hey, don’t beat yourself up. Just start making daily changes and in thirty days you will have a new healthy habit and be back on track. For me, I make certain that I eat at least one handful of greens daily and an apple. It’s amazing how much better my body and gut feels just by taking this simple step!
Watch a movie – Shay and I are avid movie watchers. And, like I mentioned about getting wrapped up and cozy by the fire that is also important. At least once a week, set aside a movie night whether that’s at home or maybe a trip to the theater. Movies can truly transcend and leave you feeling more relaxed and happy. This month at home we have watched Dirty Dancing, Road House(gotta love the 80’s), Malifecent 2 and Ocean’s 11. We took in Dr. Doolittle at the theater and Bad Boys for Life is on deck!
Treat yourself – Go buy a new outfit, get some lashes, a massage or whatever makes you feel better about yourself! I can’t tell you how many times when winter days have had me down that Shay has encouraged me to go and just get a mani and pedi. My entire day turned around just by showing myself some love!
Last week, I shared WHY you should quit your job. If you missed it, I encourage you to read here before proceeding with this post. Now, once you’ve reached the decision that it’s time for change, you’re faced with what to do next. In lieu of top nine, I’ve listed my top five successful tips and strategies that will guide you in your journey. As a current recruiter, and someone who has implemented these steps, they have certainly proved to be beneficial and I hope they will do the same for you!
- Evaluate – take some time to understand who you are and what you really want to do. Look at your skills, what you have accomplished and what really motivates you. Additionally, I suggest taking a free online assessment such as the Myers Briggs. Those types of assessments will help define your personality style and skill sets. It will also suggest the type of industries best aligned with your abilities. Even if you have taken assessments like this one years ago, take it again. Chances are you may notice a different outcome, especially now that you have arrived at this stage in life that desires change!
- Research – once you target the industry or organizations you are now interested in, do your homework. Take time to not only read reviews online, but reach out to connections that work there. Do not blindly start applying for companies or positions that you are not familiar with. More to come on this later, but the likelihood of that resulting in success is slim.
- Network – use your resources to seek out opportunities. Regardless of the size of your city, the “good ole boy system” still works. It’s often so resourceful to know someone that can not only give you honest insight, but can also provide a referral. I can honestly tell you that with EVERY job I have had since I graduated college, this has proven to be beneficial for me. I have had some type of referral or connection to each and every position that I have had. IT WORKS!!!
- LinkedIn – update your profile. According to Google, LinkedIn has over 575 million users with 260 million active users on a monthly basis. Hello online network! Build your connections. Update your picture as well as your background. Employers will notice these items. They are looking for professionally engaged individuals that are open to new opportunities. Do not post your resume. Give a high level overview of your experiences. You want to hook those who are looking and have them ask further questions during an interview.
- Be patient – stay the course. This will likely take some time. You truly need to figure out what you want, follow these steps then put yourself out there. Give yourself time and you will find where you indeed belong and desire to be!