Are we friends yet?
Get a dose of stylish living straight to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing!
Sharing some of my favorite stylish finds, must have beauty items, and pieces that are currently on my wish list! Scroll through to explore more and check out my top picks!More Favorites
Winter weather can certainly make you feel a little less than bubbly at times. It’s important to keep these tips and favorites in mind to make the most out of the season. I personally struggle during this time of year so I know how important it is to equip myself to stay positive and focused!
- Keep moving – It’s so easy to turn into a couch potato when it’s cold outside. Trust me, I am no admirer of bitter cold weather. I would much rather stay wrapped up inside by the fire, which that’s important too. But, it’s so important to push yourself. Your body needs movement. Find what you love and go do it. The more blood you keep pumping the better it is not only for your heart but your immune system. And after all, summer bodies are truly made in the winter!
- Call your mom – Or dad, brother, or significant other you get the picture. Your mood is naturally boosted when you have a comforting conversation with someone you love. Share a funny story or reminisce about a past one. You will end up smiling which naturally helps when you may be feeling blue! I make a point to talk to someone in my family everyday!
- Eat your greens – Y’all I am here to confess that my diet has been well, in the absolute gutter. And, guess what, I have felt like crap. It’s so true you are what you eat. But hey, don’t beat yourself up. Just start making daily changes and in thirty days you will have a new healthy habit and be back on track. For me, I make certain that I eat at least one handful of greens daily and an apple. It’s amazing how much better my body and gut feels just by taking this simple step!
- Watch a movie – Shay and I are avid movie watchers. And, like I mentioned about getting wrapped up and cozy by the fire that is also important. At least once a week, set aside a movie night whether that’s at home or maybe a trip to the theater. Movies can truly transcend and leave you feeling more relaxed and happy. This month at home we have watched Dirty Dancing, Road House(gotta love the 80’s), Malifecent 2 and Ocean’s 11. We took in Dr. Doolittle at the theater and Bad Boys for Life is on deck!
- Treat yourself – Go buy a new outfit, get some lashes, a massage or whatever makes you feel better about yourself! I can’t tell you how many times when winter days have had me down that Shay has encouraged me to go and just get a mani and pedi. My entire day turned around just by showing myself some love!
- Sip some tea – Or coffee depending on your preference. Give yourself a break and enjoy a restful day indoors. It’s completely necessary to take some time to simply relax!
Last week, I shared WHY you should quit your job. If you missed it, I encourage you to read here before proceeding with this post. Now, once you’ve reached the decision that it’s time for change, you’re faced with what to do next. In lieu of top nine, I’ve listed my top five successful tips and strategies that will guide you in your journey. As a current recruiter, and someone who has implemented these steps, they have certainly proved to be beneficial and I hope they will do the same for you!
- Evaluate – take some time to understand who you are and what you really want to do. Look at your skills, what you have accomplished and what really motivates you. Additionally, I suggest taking a free online assessment such as the Myers Briggs. Those types of assessments will help define your personality style and skill sets. It will also suggest the type of industries best aligned with your abilities. Even if you have taken assessments like this one years ago, take it again. Chances are you may notice a different outcome, especially now that you have arrived at this stage in life that desires change!
- Research – once you target the industry or organizations you are now interested in, do your homework. Take time to not only read reviews online, but reach out to connections that work there. Do not blindly start applying for companies or positions that you are not familiar with. More to come on this later, but the likelihood of that resulting in success is slim.
- Network – use your resources to seek out opportunities. Regardless of the size of your city, the “good ole boy system” still works. It’s often so resourceful to know someone that can not only give you honest insight, but can also provide a referral. I can honestly tell you that with EVERY job I have had since I graduated college, this has proven to be beneficial for me. I have had some type of referral or connection to each and every position that I have had. IT WORKS!!!
- LinkedIn – update your profile. According to Google, LinkedIn has over 575 million users with 260 million active users on a monthly basis. Hello online network! Build your connections. Update your picture as well as your background. Employers will notice these items. They are looking for professionally engaged individuals that are open to new opportunities. Do not post your resume. Give a high level overview of your experiences. You want to hook those who are looking and have them ask further questions during an interview.
- Be patient – stay the course. This will likely take some time. You truly need to figure out what you want, follow these steps then put yourself out there. Give yourself time and you will find where you indeed belong and desire to be!
- Weekend Recap + What’s on the Horizon
- Fall Skirt Favorites
- Must Have Denim
- A New Take On the Boyfriend Style Shirt
- How To Create A Casual Chic Look
Got the winter blues? Feeling like your normal glow has gone into hibernation? Here are some of my beauty favorites that will bring back that sparkle and shine!Read More Details
Who doesn't want to dream of a tropical paradise in the middle of a dreary winter's day? If you can't sail away, then lather away! Not only does this smell like paradise but leaves your skin feeling that way too! I use this year round because it just feels that good!
Luxurious hand cream with spf 15. Provides brightening agents and all day moisture for smoother hands.
3. Hourglass Ambient Lightning Powder The best travel and everyday companion for touch-ups. Works well to blur imperfections and diffuse harsh light. Creates a smooth complexion for that flawless face.
4. Privai Lip Creme Perfection for the lips. Creates those smooth, nourished lips we all desire in harsh winter months.
This is literally a miracle worker. Well, not exactly but close to it! From weather, to stress, to makeup our skin gets dull from time to time. This is an amazing exfoliator that seriously helps to bring skin back to life! I literally notice an immediate difference every time I use it. It smells amazing as well!
6. Laura Mercier Souffle Body Creme in Almond Coconut or Ambre’ Vanille I have been using this literally for years, more than I can count. It's ridiculously moisturizing and smells ah-mazing. It melts right into your skin and I get compliments every single time I am wearing either one. This is my holy grail of body creams. Can't live without it.
After using quite a bit of bleach last year for balayage, my hair was extremely dry and unhealthy. I had used this product for years and for no reason had just stopped. I have started back on this product and can't recommend it enough. After just three uses, my healthy, shiny hair is coming back! Keeping this in my hair routine permanently!
8. Laura Mercier Honey Bath Who doesn't love a bubble bath, especially in winter right? Well, that can actually dry your skin out. Add this to your bath and leave those troubles behind. Loaded with shea butter and provitamins B5 to moisturize your skin and leave you feeling oh so luxurious. Again, another fave I can't live without!
Simply stated it's like oxygen for your face. This is my holy grail for moisturizer. It's so light and feels like whipped cream on the skin. I can easily breakout and this product never irritates me or causes issues. It truly gives me the moisture and glow needed.
Though the clock is ticking, there is still time. Here are my gift guide recommendations for the guys and gals on your list. From cozy chic to sporty tech, this gal has you covered.Read More Details
Brilliant quality with impeccable sound. Utilize alone or sync with others for surround sound. One of my favorite gifts to date! And, I love that it's aesthetically pleasing to the eye!
Love the warm and sophisticated vibes this vest provides. Whether running errands, traveling to the slopes or heading out for a fun date, this vest is sure to be a winner year after year!
If you buy anything body care related this holiday season, this MUST be it. I have lost track with the number of years I have been using the bath and body line by Laura Mercier. Nothing, and I mean nothing compares to how delicious it smells and how divine it feels!
Comfy, cozy and chic. Every gal needs these to keep those toes toasty during the chilly winter months.
Once a Bose fan, always a bose fan. I bought these two years ago for the hubby. I loved them so much he returned the favor and bought me a pair. They are the perfect little gym buddy! Get a matching set, a spare for the office, you just can't have enough hah!
Another favorite from last year that any guy or gal would love. Exceptional sound quality and beyond comfortable. Worth the splurge.
I have had this bracelet for over three years now. I adore how classic and timeless pieces are by David Yurman. They look stunning alone or stacked. Great piece to start or add to any collection!
A want. A need. A necessity. We all need them and who wouldn't want a classic style that stands the test of time?
This coat is absolutely adorable and isn't itchy in the slightest! I was excited to see that it was back this season. Looks perfect with denim, leggings to dresses! Definitely a staple!