It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Well, a close second anyway! The anticipated Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is here. Lifestyle and Fashion Influencer Heather Lingerfelt has you covered with everyday essentials along with the perfect staples for your fall wardrobe!
Are we friends yet?
Get a dose of stylish living straight to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing!
Hello friends and happy fresh start to a new week! Let’s kick it off with a list of what I’m currently loving and a giveaway! Featured in this pic are a pair of my new favorite earrings gifted by Shop Brikel. We’ve teamed up to give a lucky winner their choice of a pair of earrings! Find this pic featured on my Instagram later today and simply follow the directions for your chance to win!
- Shop Brikel – Fun fabulous jewelry to meet a variety of styles! I am such a fan of these square hoops!
- Spider Man Far From Home – Go see it! Perfect summer movie for date night! Good laughs!
- Darphin Intral Environmental Shield – I breakout so easily at times especially in the summer. This sunscreen has been my saving grace to protect me and refrain from skin irritation. A little goes a long way and it’s so worth it!
- Blue Diamond Cheddar Nut Thins – These almond and rice cracker snacks are simply amazing! I tried them once and now I am so addicted. The snack packs are the best at only 90 calories. Great for on the go or at the pool!
- Wonderboom Wireless Speaker – GET this while it’s on sale and even when it’s not! Shay bought one two years ago and we take it everywhere. The quality, especially for the price is insane. I love that it’s compact but drives a big punch with the sound. It’s also waterproof and drop proof. We gave my dad one last year for his birthday and this year my mom wanted one. You will love it!
- Hydro Flask – Drink more water and look cute while doing it! In all seriousness I love the capacity, simplicity and functionality of this chic water bottle. Keeps it cold and visually reminds me to keep drinking!
Sharing new items I picked up this weekend plus other favorites you should take advantage of now from Blue Mercury. You can currently save up to twenty percent off and score a sixteen piece summer beauty bag with any $250 purchase. I never miss an opportunity to scoop up one of their beauty bags. Provides a wonderful opportunity to sample brands you’ve always been curious about and new ones as well. Most are the perfect travel size so it’s a great time to stock up!Read More Details
Creamy long wearing shadow stick that is a perfect primer under your favorite eyeshadow or simply worn alone for a statement of its own.
Whipped moisturizer that is wonderful for combination skin as well as warmer, humid summer weather. Light yet provides the ample amount of moisture to give a soft, glow like complexion.
As mentioned in previous a previous post, this is my go to bronzer year round. Provides warmth with a color that is flattering to most skin tones. Subtle shimmer giving the perfect glow.
Luxurious hand cream with spf 15. Provides brightening agents and all day moisture for smoother hands.
Can't say enough about how much I adore these little wipes. Packed with salicylic and glycolic acid, they indeed provide the exfoliation needed for your skin. Wonderful for anyone who is experiencing a breakout. Additionally, gives my face such a glow the following morning.
This powder is divine for simply sweeping on to set the foundation and go. Never cakey and helps to keep the shine at bay! Also love how it feels - like I am not even wearing it!
Light weight and works to shield from humidity and frizz. Plus, it smells amazing!
8. Nars Blush
Love the texture and pop of color that Nars blush provides. My favorites are deep throat and impassioned.
My number one recommendation for primer. Silky application and helps to create a smooth palette. Works to also conceal redness and minimize pores.
Sharing some of my favorite stylish finds, must have beauty items, and pieces that are currently on my wish list! Scroll through to explore more and check out my top picks!More Favorites
A weekend well spent can certainly bring on a new week of content. Here are some things we did recently and my recommendations for you as well!
- Visit an amusement park – We spent a day with family at Carowinds. Let go, be a “kid” and laugh. It’s just good for the soul.
- Spend time with family, friends or just some quiet time alone – Go to a park, grab some lunch and just enjoy the company. Or, set aside some time to enjoy a cup of coffee at your favorite spot! Your heart and your mind will thank you for it. I highly recommend Southern Sugar for the Charlotte area!
- Use good sunscreen – I am such a fan of Sunbum which you can also see here. Love the feel, the scent and most importantly the protection.
- Spa Theology – Spent the day in Asheville NC recently with my mom and took in some spa time. My recommendation is the Ultimate Age Eraser facial, it’s great!
- Date night ready dress – This Ramy Brook dress seen here is worth every penny. Quality is impeccable and I’ve worn more times than I can count!
Some weekends are meant to be more low key than others and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. In fact, those are just what we all need from time to time. Here is a quick run down of a few things I recommend from what we watched, ate to purchases made!
- John Wick Chapter 3 – If you are into action, or Keanu Reeves, then this is a must see. I honestly have never been a fan, for no particular reason, of Reeves until my husband talked me into watching the first two movies in this series a few months ago. I have absolutely loved them and this latest one simply has me hungry for the next. And, I am a huge Keanu fan now. At 54 years of age, he did around 90% of his own stunts in this movie. That deserves mad respect!
- Homegoods – You get us every single time. So just a few short weeks ago we found a new rug for our foyer and a faux alligator skin bench for the foot of our bed. Yes, I will definitely share these at some point. This past weekend we found two mirrors for our master bathroom. We’ve been searching for months! You just never know what gems you will find there when you least expect it!
- Globody – I shared this on my Instagram recently, but I have now received my second spray tan from Gigi Anemone with Globody. She’s an angel, takes her time to make sure it’s perfect and the product is outstanding. I’m hooked!
- OPI Lisbon Wants Moor – My hands down favorite nail color for spring and summer long before it became a big trend!
- Blue Diamond Nut Thins – Obsessed with these little snacks! Gluten free and only 90 calories per pack!
- Club Pilates – You had me at hello. Ya’ll I can’t say enough amazing things about how Pilates is making me feel and I have only had four sessions. I’ve linked the location I recommend in the Charlotte area. However, they have so many around the country and are currently still offering a free intro class! Try it out, you have nothing to lose!
- Weekend Recap + What’s on the Horizon
- Fall Skirt Favorites
- Must Have Denim
- A New Take On the Boyfriend Style Shirt
- How To Create A Casual Chic Look
Happy Monday loves and welcome to my first weekend wrap up! I will be starting off each week by sharing a quick run-down of what we did, what I am currently loving or purchased as well as recommendations! To kick this week off, I am starting with a recap of our long weekend in Charleston, South Carolina. A full post will be coming soon to the blog as well!
- Charleston, South Carolina is a home away from home for us. We have lived there twice. It was the perfect spot to celebrate our upcoming anniversary.
- We stayed at Hotel Bella Grace – HIGHLY recommend staying there.
- Favorites stores to shop at – Copper Penny, Mix by Copper Penny, Luna, Candlefish, Louis Vuitton of Charleston(highly recommend Justin, he’s wonderful), Charleston City Market(Christmas Touch of Nature for the best coasters, will even customize)
- Charleston Bike Taxi – gave the best customized bike tour on a beautiful Charleston evening(ask for David, he’s the best!)h
- Eats – 5Church Charleston, Stars Rooftop and Grill Room, Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit, Charleston Crab House, Revival
This is the time to stock up on beauty favorites as we move into warmer temps and travel season. If you’re not a beauty insider, now is also the time to sign up and get exclusive access to points, choices and rewards! Here are my everyday favorites that I highly recommend and will be stocking up on myself!Read More Details
Amazingly soft and precise application for your favorite foundation. No streaks, no mess just a smooth finish.
The perfect setting powder. Keeps my oil at bay and never looks cakey. A light dusting is all that's needed and you are good to go!
The most luxurious bath you'll ever take. Okay maybe that's stretching it, but it's pretty darn close. Smells amazing, feels amazing. And, the bubbles will melt your troubles!
Whether for foundation or concealer, I love having this sponge handy to blend away and create that flawless look.
For someone with sensitive and oily skin, having the right primer is a must. This one goes on smooth and doesn't cause irritation. I also love that is soaks right in and doesn't pill up.
Enriched with oils and shea butter creating supple soft skin. Whipped luxury in a jar. It's been a staple for me for many, many years. I've replenished more times that I can count!
7. Nars Blush
Soft and buildable with just the right pop of color. I naturally have pink in my cheeks and this never competes. Simply gives the right colorful glow!
Sets everything in place and keeps my makeup fresh with minimal to no touch-ups needed at times. Additionally helps to control shine providing a matte finish.
9. Nars Bronzer
All year glow is exactly what I love about this bronzer. Regardless of the color of foundation throughout the year, this is my go to bronzer. Subtle but buildable for the perfect amount of warmth.