Winter weather can certainly make you feel a little less than bubbly at times. It’s important to keep these tips and favorites in mind to make the most out of the season. I personally struggle during this time of year so I know how important it is to equip myself to stay positive and focused!
- Keep moving – It’s so easy to turn into a couch potato when it’s cold outside. Trust me, I am no admirer of bitter cold weather. I would much rather stay wrapped up inside by the fire, which that’s important too. But, it’s so important to push yourself. Your body needs movement. Find what you love and go do it. The more blood you keep pumping the better it is not only for your heart but your immune system. And after all, summer bodies are truly made in the winter!
- Call your mom – Or dad, brother, or significant other you get the picture. Your mood is naturally boosted when you have a comforting conversation with someone you love. Share a funny story or reminisce about a past one. You will end up smiling which naturally helps when you may be feeling blue! I make a point to talk to someone in my family everyday!
- Eat your greens – Y’all I am here to confess that my diet has been well, in the absolute gutter. And, guess what, I have felt like crap. It’s so true you are what you eat. But hey, don’t beat yourself up. Just start making daily changes and in thirty days you will have a new healthy habit and be back on track. For me, I make certain that I eat at least one handful of greens daily and an apple. It’s amazing how much better my body and gut feels just by taking this simple step!
- Watch a movie – Shay and I are avid movie watchers. And, like I mentioned about getting wrapped up and cozy by the fire that is also important. At least once a week, set aside a movie night whether that’s at home or maybe a trip to the theater. Movies can truly transcend and leave you feeling more relaxed and happy. This month at home we have watched Dirty Dancing, Road House(gotta love the 80’s), Malifecent 2 and Ocean’s 11. We took in Dr. Doolittle at the theater and Bad Boys for Life is on deck!
- Treat yourself – Go buy a new outfit, get some lashes, a massage or whatever makes you feel better about yourself! I can’t tell you how many times when winter days have had me down that Shay has encouraged me to go and just get a mani and pedi. My entire day turned around just by showing myself some love!
- Sip some tea – Or coffee depending on your preference. Give yourself a break and enjoy a restful day indoors. It’s completely necessary to take some time to simply relax!