Hey ya’ll! Today’s post is all about a virtual cookie exchange created by my dear friend Laura from Louella Reese. Given that Christmas is only a week away, this post is sure to help those of you searching for some holiday treats to whip up. I’m so excited for you all to hear about this double chocolate chip recipe. Additionally, you will find a link below to another amazing blogger babe with her delicious cookie recipe. From there you can continue to follow more links providing all types of cookie inspirations.
For this year’s cookie exchange, I chose these decadent double chocolate chip cookies. Moreover, I took them to a family gathering this past weekend. The preparation was done on Friday and baked the following morning. These delightful cookies are simply perfect for the chocolate lover providing just the right amount of chewy goodness. I’d honestly describe them as having a consistency between and cookie and a brownie. Just utterly delicious. Trust me, they are nephew approved so I’m certain they will be a hit at any holiday event.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
• 10 tablespoons softened, unsalted butter
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1 large egg, room temperature
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
• 2/3 cup cocoa powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips – semi-sweet or dark
1) In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugars together.
2) Add the egg and vanilla and continue to mix until blended. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3) Slowly add in the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt mixing on low speed until incorporated.
4) Turn off the electric mixer and stir in the chocolate chips. For less of rich taste, reduce the number of chocolate chips. Reserve at least 1/4 cup for pressing once dough balls are formed.
5) Form dough into balls 3 tablespoons in size and flatten just slightly on top. Place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. I used two baking trays to insure they would spread evenly and not attach.
6) Cover with cling film and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 48.
7) When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes until the tops are just set.
8) Remove from oven and let cool.
Now it’s time to head over and meet Monica Dutia. Not only does this gal provide classic and chic looks, but travel experiences along with some delicious recipes as well. I’ve been following Monica for over a year now and I just adore her blog and Instagram account. I know you all will too! Go check out her recipe here.
4 thoughts on “Double Chocolate Chip Cookies”
These are so up my alley! I need to give them a try!!
xo Laura Leigh
Those look so incredibly good! I love chocolate so these look right up my alley!
Ashlee | http://www.cobaltchronicles.com
These are looking so yummy!!! Can’t wait to get through my christmas cookies so i can try these.